Boston, Massachusetts Litigation Attorney
H. Glenn Alberich
- Massachusetts, 1978
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First and Second Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New England School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1978
- Franklin & Marshall College, B.A., Sociology, 1966
Associations & memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Litigation Group
- First Amendment Lawyers Association
I have a diverse practice involving transactional and litigation work on behalf of clients ranging from large, publicly traded corporations to start-up entities. My clients are located in New England and various states throughout the United States. My areas of concentration include franchise law, complex business litigation and alcoholic beverage regulatory law.
- Negotiation and drafting franchise agreements, and counseling clients on issues arising from existing agreements. Representation of franchisors and franchisees in litigation arising out of business disputes, including franchise contract disputes. Franchise representation includes clients in the alcoholic beverage industry, food industry, health clubs, hotels and the automobile industry.
- Representation of both foreign and domestic corporations in complex international arbitrations and related litigation.
- Extensive regulatory work on behalf of the alcoholic beverage industry, representing brewers, wineries, wholesalers and retail license holders in regulatory and adjudicatory proceedings before city and state regulatory agencies and in federal and state courts.
- Concentration in complex business litigation, including antitrust issues, claims of unfair and deceptive acts or practices, intellectual property matters, environmental law, constitutional challenges of state laws, and a broad range of commercial disputes.
- Representation of clients with regard to claims and potential claims by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection and the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency, including the Beede Waste Oil Superfund case.
Dispute Resolution Experience
- Representation of clients in numerous mediation and arbitration proceedings.
- Training in Collaborative Law as a means of dispute resolution.
Prior Career Experience
Boston Globe, Boston, Massachusetts, January 1969 – December 1978
During my nine years at the Boston Globe I held a number of editorial positions. I served as a copy editor, photography editor, and, during my final four years, as assistant day editor, in charge of selecting the stories to be placed on page one and in other areas of the newspaper.
I also contributed articles to the Sunday Globe Magazine and reviewed contemporary music.
Published Member, 1976 – 1977 and Lead Articles Editor, 1977 – 1978, New England Law Review. Of Counsel, Litigation Group, Sarrouf Law, Boston, Massachusetts, October 2007 to present. Partner, Business Litigation Group and Intellectual Property Group, Burns & Levinson, LLP, Boston, Massachusetts, May 2003 – September 2007. Litigation Department, LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae, LLP, Boston, Massachusetts, December 1991 – April 2003. Partner, 1986 – 1991 and Associate, 1979 – 1985, Mahoney, Hawkes & Goldings, Boston, Massachusetts. Instructor, Harvard Law School Trial Advocacy Program. Board of Directors: Havenside Corporation, Vineyard Conservation Society, Pilot Hill Farm Association, Island Community Chorus.
Also Of Counsel, Sarrouf Law, LLP, Boston